We are looking for a hands on, experienced, technical Mainframe DB2/ZOS DBA specialist.
The ideal candidate would have immediate hands on technical skills and would not require Mainframe DB2/ZOS database administration training - other than local site and tool familiarization.
Skills required for the role:
- Able to articulate their advanced knowledge of Mainframe DB2/ZOS database administration and apply it independently in complex situations, understanding the why
- Generating and executing DDL scripts to create, change and drop database objects in any environment from Development to Production
- and more importantly, understand the issues, challenges and risks when doing that
- Familiarity with CA-DMS toolset would be an advantage
- Very comfortable with working with many millions (if not billions) of rows of data in a single table
- Understands and can execute tablespace/index reorganization process and candidate selection
- Understands and can articulate the different tablespace types and their relative advantages and disadvantages (including V12); and how to migrate between them.
- Soon ready to participate in an on-call roster (1 in 5 weeks) for production support, and be confident to independently troubleshoot complex situations including recovering dropped objects
- Access path, SQL and Indexes Tuning
- Skills in SAS and/or Rexx to maintain and enhance automation processes
- Database Job scheduling experience - Knowledge of TWS/OPC would be an advantage
- Experience in the use and/or installation of Db2 Connect and Data Studio would be an advantage
- An advantage If you have other z/OS experience such as MQ/CICS/zOS or other tools in terms of usage and customisation
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who are able obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 206722
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.