Be part of one of the most innovative global R&D programmes!
This agile Machine Learning specialist team of Physicians, Mathematicians and Data Scientists are looking for a new team member to collaborate with to de-risking and reducing uncertainty around how new technologies can be used to solve some of the most challenging problems.
This role is responsible forexecuting data science and software development efforts designed to bring about change in our innovation theme areas and make use of a large enterprises vast amounts of data. This role requires a unique skillset with the ability to merge the rapid developments of computer science and machine learning with the rich depth of disparate and complex data sets, time series operations data, and legacy unstructured data.
This reknowed resources organisation is looking for out of the box thinkers, unafraid to try new things and learn from how other industries work with data. This is a hands-on role, not only developing algorithms to integrate and analyse data sets, but also working on a data science/software development team to build Proofs of Concepts and Minimum Viable Products proving out new and innovative concepts. In addition to technical delivery, this role will also provide "Big Picture" thought leadership in developing a broader data science strategy for the business, including contributing to the development of data engineering, data movement/integration and data analytic strategies.
In this role you will:
- Develop analytic algorithms and insights from complex, disparate and sometimes sparse data sets using the latest data science methodologies
- Collaborate to develop of Proofs of Concepts and Minimum Viable Products capable of delivering analytic insights to the end user
- Collaborate with Innovation Theme owners and the business to understand problem statements and formulate a plan for how machine learning can be applied
- Serve as a key advisor on industry data science trends, competitor activity, emerging technology solutions, opportunities for competitive advantage and for ecosystem partnerships
- Research and identify potential technology solutions from external partners
- Help to build and personally model capabilities and behaviours that value and promote innovation
- STEM degree (Master's or PhD preferred) in relevant discipline (i.e. Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)- Combinatorial Optimisation or Simulation theory areas preferred.
- Adjacent industries are welcome, including (but not limited to) manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, gaming, rocket science and astrophysics
- Extensive experience in machine learning & data science techniques to derive insightful and useful conclusions from large, complex, disparate data sets and identify areas for further analysis
- Proficient in a wide spectrum of data science techniques which could include supervised and unsupervised machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, time series analysis, deep learning, neural networks, decision trees, feature selection, and geospatial modelling, just to name a few.
- Sound knowledge of C#, R, Scala or Spark
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Optimistic, resilient and self-motivated, undeterred by failure and happy to experiment.
- Familiar with computing architectures and PaaS services relevant to data science (i.e. Jupyter Notebooks, Hadoop, GPU computing)
- Experience working in Agile product teams building Proofs of Concepts and Minimum Viable Products (Agile certifications a plus)
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or Mining value chain is preferred but not essential
- Knowledgeable in the latest data analytic trends in the industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to effectively explain technical information to various audiences
- Superior research skills to discover potential solution providers in the innovation ecosystem
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment
Generous salary and bonus structure available for the right candidate with $160-$190k package.