Our client, a large blue chip company is currently searching for a Linux Systems Engineer to join their team on an initial 12 month contract.
- Responsible for the implementation, support, and operation of relevant Linux and related technologies from build through to implementation and system maintenance
- Provide technical standards and solutions to meet business needs within technical area of expertise
- Perform aspects of development, implementation and support of infrastructure across the organisation
- Monitor, maintain and respond to incidents and problems in accordance with Production Systems SLA's
- Develop detailed designs for new and existing technologies to enable deployment throughout the business.
- Manage assigned technologies, with consideration for: return on investment, life cycle management, business continuity planning and service level management.
- Demonstrated Shell, Puppet, Ansible, Perl, php, SQL scripting skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in automation, Linux, virtualisation, Cloud, and container technologies
- Demonstrated ability to write instructional documentation
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and supporting enterprise based computing infrastructure in a large scale, complex and distributed business environment
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Mark McPhee on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #237739.