- Initial 3 months contract + possible extensions
- Experience in Linux/ Red Hat Essential
We are looking to hire an experienced Linux System Administrator for one of our premier clients.
This role will manage the Linux Server environment that underpins our client's critical systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrading of Linux operating systems, prominently Red Hat
- Support the release and deployment of applications over the software development lifecycle and through support for the developer, testing and production environments
- Ensure that the systems are managed to agreed levels of service and data integrity
- Ensure that system performance is monitored and reviewed
- Installation of Linux services (e.g. printers)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated high level of skill and experience in the maintenance and operational support of Linux Enterprise Server Operating Systems (mandatory)
- HP-UX v11.00 (highly regarded)
- IBM-AIX v5.3 (highly regarded)
- Experience in Windows (3 -5 years), VMware, hardware management and public cloud will be highly regarded
- Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Installation of Security patches and investigation of incidents
- Demonstrated high level ability in operating system administration tasks, including:
- Installation and configuration
- Performance Tuning
- Shell Scripting
- Security Administration
We are in a position where our client can make an informed decision at speed to capture the best available candidates.
If you are looking for your next contract opportunity, then act fast as this opportunity will not be available for long.
If you're interested, then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button
For more info contact Aparna at email@example.com