About the Company
About the role
The primary function of the role is to provide a strong technical support for our client. The successful candidate will manage, resolve or escalate issues relating to hardware, software, network, or other issues of computer end users. Become the face of the Service Desk and IT in the Sydney Head Office.
- Undertake active ownership of tickets assigned to you.
- Incident, Service Request, Event, Problem and Change Management Lifecycle management including updating and closing of incident tickets, using IT Service Management Toolset (JIRA).
- Where necessary, log jobs with third party providers / suppliers
- Where necessary, order hardware, image hardware and create process documents
- Resolve tickets and escalations from level 1 support
- Monitor and problem solve customer networks and key IT infrastructure
- Management and support of in scope platforms, including Local and Cloud office exchange, On Premise and cloud active directory (including Azure AD) internal systems - In scope platforms include Office 365, Office Exchange, Active Directory, Cisco Meraki
- Troubleshooting of in scope systems, such as email, backup and storage, monitoring and other systems as required
- Actively participate in after hours on call support rosters (where and if needed)
Skills and experience
- Technical Knowledge - An in depth understanding of the following technologies:
-Windows 10 and associated deployment technologies (Intune, WDS)
-Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory and Office 365 including administration and problem solving
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the deployment and support of Windows Servers on both physical and virtual infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of related Windows Server technologies (e.g., Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP)
- Experience with enterprise configuration management tools (e.g. Intune\SCCM) and monitoring tools (e.g. Cisco Meraki for monitoring all Networks)
- Microsoft server Operating Systems 2003,2008R2,2012R2, 2016 - preferred but not essential
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g., AWS or Azure)
- Networking infrastructure like routers, NTU, Switches, Firewalls
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 administration/problem solving experience
- Helpdesk Support ticket tools experience with tools like Jira - preferred but not essential
- Experience with scripting and automation (e.g., PowerShell) - preferred but not essential
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Geordie McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.