Our client, an MSP who provides outsourced IT support for small to medium businesses is looking for a Network Engineer to join their Team.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for providing IT support primarily for clients but also internally, as well as liaising with clients and suppliers.
- Liaise with customers regularly to ensure customers are happy and to identify any potential for additional services and projects
- Install and configure Windows workstations and Windows Servers
- Respond to phone and email support requests both remotely and onsite
- Perform preventative maintenance on client networks
- Configure and maintain security of client networks
- Configure and maintain virtual private networks
- Learn new client applications in order to support them
Procure IT equipment for Clients
- Maintain Internal Network
- Maintain accurate time billing records
- Review and upgrade processes for client IT support
- Write documentation of systems and process where necessary
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Windows Server experience
- Advanced Microsoft Exchange experience
- Advanced Firewall configuration experience
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Strong Knowledge of Virtual Private Networks
- Strong Microsoft Office support experience
- Experience with cabling and patching
- Basic knowledge of PBX phone systems
- Windows Operating System
- Concepts such as protocols, firewalls, routing and Active Directory
- Windows Server, file permissions, user accounts, file and printer sharing. Windows Operating System
- Data Backup concepts - Office routing and switching, i.e internet router set-up.
- Windows Server, file permissions, user accounts, file and printer sharing.
- Apple products - Smartphones such as Windows Mobile, iPhones, and Android.
- VoIP concepts
- Web site hosting - Exchange server - Data cabling such as cable types, connections, distances.
- Cisco IOS.
- Ability to manage time and determine and manage priority of jobs to ensure urgent jobs get dealt with promptly
- Ability to communicate IT concepts clearly with non-technical end users
- Experience working within a Managed Service Provider providing support to external clients
If you're interested, then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button or get in touch quoting reference 198083