Our Federal Government Client is seeking a knowledgeable and truthful Legislation, Data and Privacy Officer to help on the delivery of a national project. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to, and deliver on, a broad range of advice and activities on supporting the project. You will lead and coordinate the Department's compliance and response activities related to privacy, information and data breaches.
This is an initial contract until December 2019 , with a 12 month extension option and is working in Canberra's South.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Support the operation of the Project in line with relevant policies and guidelines, including implementation of recommendations
- Manage the operation of the Data Access and Release Policy including the development, maintenance and review of processes, guidelines and awareness material;
- Prepare high-quality correspondence, briefings and reports ranging in complexity;
- Provide advice across the Division on moderately complex and/or sensitive legislative compliance, privacy and fraud matters;
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in relation to privacy, information or compliance incidents with potential regulatory breaches including assessment of legislative compliance;
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and coordinate complex tasks, manage peak workloads, meet agreed deadlines and undertake a variety of tasks with limited supervision or direction;
- Strong attention to quality and detail, methodical and accurate and ensure processes are adhered to;
- Experience in providing advice on moderately complex and/or sensitive resource management, contract management and/or budget related matters;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and show a high degree of initiative, integrity, professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive business matters;
- Ability to quickly gain and maintain a sound understanding of legislative requirements, policy and best practice relating to government data and privacy compliance related to health programs and/or systems;
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 196419
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.