Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Legal and Policy Officer for providing legal counsel and policy advice enabling the Agile teams to deliver high-quality services for a key digital project.
This is a contract opportunity starting ASAP for 6 months with 1 x 6-month extension option and will be located at our client's Canberra CBD offices.
Please note the role initially be required to work remotely and in the longer term, onsite.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare legal advice and information on legal issues relevant to the team's scope of work, including the interpretation and application of relevant legislation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the project's internal quality assurance framework
- Prepare responses to requests from staff and stakeholders
- Perform research and analysis of legal issues
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the product manager and team in relation to legal matters, including documentation of management activities associated with review matters
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience as a successful legal and policy adviser
- Proven ability and examples of high-level advisory to product manager, on legal and policy matters and the delivery of related outcomes
- The ability to resolve policy issues and legal matters and prioritise deliverables, aligned to team goals and workflows
- A law degree from a recognised higher education provider, admission as a legal practitioner in an Australian state or territory and a current legal practising certificate (or the capacity to obtain a practising certificate) is mandatory
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly JIRA
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess a Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting Job Reference: 202671
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.