- Contract plus extension
- Leading Government Agency
- $700 - $800 a day inc Super
Our client is an experienced Lead SQL Developer/ Data Architect to join their System Performance Support team. The team is responsible for the design and development of key enterprise solutions for various health related applications, portals and dashboards.
- Assist the Program Director in data architecture and governance work. Making recommendations for improvement of strategic data maturity aligning with operational, regulatory and advisor priorities.
- Define, develop and manage target data architecture and roadmap.
- Design and implement standards that govern how data is managed end-to-end (collected, stored, integrated and consumed).
- Design and development of conceptual and physical data models.
- Analyse project requirements, translate to conceptual architecture, develop data layer designs.
- Design databases and ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements. This includes but not limited to complex stored procedures, functions, triggers, scripts, schemas, tables and dictionaries.
- Identify issues related to database performance caused by data system design or implementation and provide corrective measures.
- Report any issues or risks that may impact the timely delivery and/or quality of the developed solutions to the Development Manager.
- Practical understanding of complex OLTP and OLAP DB systems.
- Deep knowledge of database designs and data consumption solutions. Experience with MS SQL server is mandatory. Knowledge of No-SQL databases and particularly native XML databases is highly desirable.
- Solid experience and understanding of data systems (data structure, data warehouse, data mart) and technologies including both on premises and in cloud.
- Extensive experiences with ETL processes and tools like MS SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Cloudera Data Platform.
- Be highly proficient in SQL development best practices and technologies, database design and development, Microsoft SQL Server database performance optimisation and monitoring database server performance.
- Experience working as a Microsoft SQL Server Developer/ Data Designer/ Data Architect.
- Ability to work independently when required as well as in a Team based environment.
- Experience working in both project and production support environments.
- Experience working with source control, GIT and RedGate SQL Source Control.
- Experience with CI/ CD and Azure DevOps.
- Experience with data modelling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect, ER/Studio, Erwin or similar.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to complete root cause analysis to identify the cause of issues and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate issues and solutions in a simple manner.
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Ref: 206 619
Applications close 20/10/2020, please submit after in the event the role is re-opened to further applications