Peoplebank are currently recruiting for a Lead Project Scheduler / Cost Engineer to support the Technology (ICT) Project function of a large, Adelaide CBD based company.
This is an initial 6 month contract, with a good chance to extend.
Working across a large and complex Portfolio, you will bring considerable experience with governance, cost estimation and transparent reporting to the Technology Projects team, whilst also being able to build capability through coaching and mentoring other members of staff.
Specifically you will:
- Provide transparency of cross team schedules, baselines, activity completion, with identification of trends and corrective/preventative actions to support successful delivery of projects across portfolio's
- Lead and support detailed project cost activities including, tracking commitments, estimation of accruals, monitoring the impact of changes and identification of trends and corrective / preventative actions to influence on-budget delivery of the teams operational and portfolio objectives
- Provide clear reporting including proactive forecasting of Supplementary Approval Requests, issues and concerns
Other responsibilities include:
- Establish Project Controls structures that enable visibility on project value tracking, project accounting and correct allocations
- Utilises cost engineering standards and practices aligned with finance and accounting guidance
- Ensures financial and cost structures are setup for project delivery and ensures that projects are financially closed out appropriately
- Identification and delivery of best for fit cost and schedule reporting solutions focussing on automation opportunities to enable transparency of data on KPI's including cost and schedule
- Ensures systems data is aligned to reporting methods to produce value tracking of the portfolio via portfolio dashboard tools
- Work with the Planner in providing delivery teams cost and schedule support and insights based on project data captured reducing delivery delays
- Support submissions to the Investment Review board, focussing on meeting submission quality, reviews and dates
- Provides functional support on cost estimating and schedules for projects reviewing tollgate cost estimates for checks and balances
- Tracking and reporting on project team OPEX spend vs forecast
- Responsible for identifying and driving opportunities for Technology cost reductions
- Utilises effective communication channels to encourage collaboration, new ideas and continuous improvement opportunities
- Coach and guide project team in best practice for scheduling, cost estimating and build team capability
- Communicate issues, concerns to Senior leadership with a proactive plan to get recover portfolio position
- Work with Principal Planning to set up effective practices, routines & processes to manage the portfolio proactively and achieve all project deadlines with velocity & customer focus
- Ensure project close outs are achieved and progressed in timely manner
To apply, please send your CV via Seek URGENTLY and we will contact suitable candidates ASAP.
SA: LHS 296564