About the Role
A high performing team at a large financial organisation which offers a great work environment and interesting project work is looking for a Lead Java Developer who has previous experience developing Financial Markets, Trading, Investment, Foreign Exchange, or Equity applications. Working in a specific area of this organisation you will be join this team to lead the development of a project that is about to start. It will be in an agile/scrum environment. Your role will support the delivery of this project through delivering the required designs, changes, development and testing of the relevant software. This is an initial six month contract role based in Melbourne's CBD, there is lots of work here so the role is highly likely to be extended.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Lead a team of three developers in an agile environment
- End to end development - development, automated testing, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions/ application software.
- Ownership/accountability for the investigation of user requirements/problems and develop technology solutions in accordance with business needs
- Automate manual tasks
- Produce detailed specifications, develop, maintain and test programs according to detailed technical, functional and non-functional specifications.
- Develop operating and system documentation.
- Use technical specifications, requirements, standards and procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs as part of an application development or problem resolution activity
About the Successful Candidate
- Recent experience designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs in Java
- Highly proficient in core Java programming and Java frameworks, ideally Java 8 and Spring
- Previous experience in the Financial markets domain (such as Financial Markets, Trading/Trades Foreign Exchange or Front Office, Investment or Equity)
- Previous experience as a development lead
- High level proficiency with Java fundamental data types and structures, memory use, microservices, threading, patterns, spring, TDD, test frameworks, unix.
- Previous experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience across the full development lifecycle including build and deployment tools - Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Puppet, Ansible, Docker. Experience working across a CI/CD/TDD environment.
- Ability to automate manual tasks
- Object orientated design and code skills
- Messaging architectures and systems (transaction processing)
- Automated component or system testing experience - Cucumber, JBehave, Fitness, Spock
- Understanding of high availability design
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- A proactive and dedicated individual
Due to the nature of this organisation only Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian Permanent residents can be considered for this position. They are hiring now so apply now!
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kate Weston quoting reference: 184521.
Please click the apply button.