A global professional services company that's specialized in providing digital, cloud and security services looking for Data Scientists for 12 month contract or permanent roles based in the Perth CBD.
You role in include:
- Perform mathematical modeling to describe complex business requirements;
- Work with business team in designing and building a reliable and scalable AI infrastructure on cloud platforms
- Work across the spectrum of statistical modelling including supervised, unsupervised, & deep learning techniques to apply the right level of solution to the right problem
- Collaborate with data and software engineers to enable deployment of models that will scale across the company's ecosystem
- Own the code review process to ensure stringent coding guidelines are met by other data scientists & data engineers
- Teach, lead, and counsel Data Science engineers in choosing the right machine learning approach & models while utilizing open-source languages such as R and/or Python, etc.
- Lead data mining and collection procedures for all business use cases and guarantee data quality and integrity
- Utilize Data visualization tools to deliver insights to stakeholders and present technical solutions to non-technical audience in a simple and clear manner
- Build frameworks leveraging APIs to industrialize AI models across the organization
- Adhere to stringent quality assurance and documentation standards using version control and code repositories (e.g., Git, GitHub)
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- In-depth understanding and modeling experience in supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement and deep learning models; hands-on knowledge of data wrangling, data cleaning/ preparation, dimensionality reduction is required
- Exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing to identify ML opportunities is a plus
- Experience in major machine learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, SparkML etc.
- Fluency in programming skills such as Python, R, or other equivalent languages
- Familiarity with databases like MySQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc. is desirable
- Experience working with Azure ML Studio for deployments is a plus
- Experience in data visualization software such as Tableau, ELK, etc is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You should also have a business mindset, swift to identify risk situations and opportunities, and able to generate creative solutions to business problems
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated statistical models/ reports to management and other IT development partners
Contact: Irene Yam - (08) 9423 1416 - (Job reference: 238243)