About the role
To lead the development and implementation of conceptual, logical and physical data models to support the creation of strategic analytical data assets and provide data modelling expertise and leadership to the delivery and analytical teams.
- Define, develop, and implement the Enterprise Data Model (for analytics) across the entities, including defining, managing, and communicating the Enterprise Data Model roadmap.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business analytical requirements and lead the work to map them into logical and physical data models within relevant modelling tools as per the agreed standards.
- Create and maintain artefacts relating to data models (e.g., DDLs, mapping of data, DMLs, Data Dictionaries, Change Registers, etc.)
- Implement robust processes to govern the development and maintenance of the data models.
- Provide data modelling expertise and leadership to the engineering teams responsible for building the data assets and to the analytical teams using them to deliver insights, as well as proactively driving the resolution of any delivery issues relating to the Enterprise Data Model.
- Resolve production issues relating to Data Vault and Dimensional models and related conformed data layers.
- Responsible for proactively identifying data quality issues and managing these in collaboration with the Manager, Data Governance.
- Develop and continuously improve data modelling principles, processes, and standards, ensuring alignment with the broader IT architectural principles, and delivery processes and standards and that documentation is properly managed including the maintenance of data catalogue.
- Work with the wider BIR team and IT in the development and implementation of data asset standards and governance processes.
- Support the Director and BIR leadership in defining the overall analytics data strategy.
- Provide expert advice to the BIR team on all aspects of the Enterprise Data Model and support the creation of a broader analytics Community of Practice to drive and improve data literacy.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders, executives and working groups.
- Comply with relevant EEO and WHS regulations.
- Perform any other duties as required and appropriate for this classification.
- Develops and/or modifies organisation wide policies or manages specialised projects which require a high level of interpretation and subject matter expertise.
- Regularly develops and/or modifies organisation wide policies to identify, develop and implement new initiatives, processes and programs which impact at a level or within an area of specialisation.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Data and Analytics, Data Science, Business or Statistics or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Proficiency and experience with Erwin Data Modeller.
- Data Vault 2 data modelling and implementation experience.
- Dimensional data modelling and implementation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database tools (Snowflake recommended) and SQL skills for navigating and troubleshooting these data processes in these platforms.
- Experience with database, data pipeline and workflow management tools: Snowflake, JIRA, Wiki, DBT Airflow, etc.
- Ability to rapidly understand business requirements and map them into logical and physical data models within relevant modelling tools.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Technical leadership of the implementation of data and/or integration solutions for complex enterprise systems within complex multi-stakeholder and formalised project delivery environments.
- Providing specialist data modelling support in the context of a mature IT service delivery organisation supporting both cloud and hybrid on-premises application configurations.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to analyse and interpret requirements and information from numerous sources.
- Time management and ability to balance competing demands to effectively prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines, on individual basis as well as for a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including the ability to influence senior management and executives.
- Presenting to a wide range of audiences with varying levels of data analytics capability.
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education or Education Data Model.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Pravin on 0282672485 quoting reference 245734.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.