- 12 months plus contract
- CBD location
A large Federal Government Agency located in the CBD requires a Lead Business Analyst to work on a large transformation project replacing a number existing applications.
The successful candidate will provide BA leadership, requirements management and process analysis and design capabilities to the team with a strong delivery focus, and a track record of leveraging past experience from similar programs and projects of work.
The role will consist of;
- Managing a small team of BA's within a delivery stream, aligned to the BA Capability. Including providing real time coaching and feedback to ensure quality standards are met.
- Contributing to the alignment of the delivery stream and projects with the broader program, ensuring consistency of BA outcomes and activities.
- Provide BA services to the projects assigned to supporting project delivery, including supporting other resources undertaking development, design, build, test, implementation, change management and close out activities as directed by projects.
- Act as the business requirements owner for agreed projects, representing the requirement intent and ensuring that relevant project deliverables trace to and align with the business requirements.
- Work closely with vendor resources as required on BA activities. Including providing coaching and feedback to ensure quality standards are met where vendors have been contracted to deliver BA activities and deliverables.
The successful candidate will have
- 3-5 years' experience as a Lead Business Analyst on programs/projects leading teams of Business analysts.
- +7 years' experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in managing requirements through their lifecycle (e.g. elicitation, traceability, prioritisation, communicating requirement intent, assessing change requests, supporting defect triage and identifying requirements gaps).
- Experience analysing and designing operational business processes.
- Experience as a BA supporting all phases of the delivery lifecycle from Initiation, Procurement and Tender stages through Design and Build, to Testing, Implementation and Transition to Operations.
- Experiencing working with a diverse stakeholder group including exec level stakeholders, ICT operations and technical teams, as well as customer facing and business operations teams.
- Experience working on large scale transformation programs with multiple vendors.
- Project experience as a BA in waterfall and/or agile like environments.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to flex style and approach.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven.
- Experience managing requirements via Microfocus ALM/Quality Centre tools.
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain a baseline security clearance.
- Experience managing requirements in JIRA/Confluence.
- Collaborating with and coaching vendors through business analysis activities.
- Knowledge of security principles, practises and applicable standards (e.g. PSPF, ISM, ISO27001, NIST CSF etc).
- Knowledge of business process notational languages and frameworks (e.g. BPMN 2.0; APQC, BPM, LEAN, Six Sigma etc).
- Familiarity with enterprise process modelling tools.
- Previous exposure to ITIL and IT Service Management.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
For more information please call John quoting reference : 203835