Lead BA/Data Analyst
Immediate requirement for a Technical Business Analyst for this leading Financial Institute. This is a contract role with the view to going permanent. The project involves regulatory reporting in the Finance area for both Australia & New Zealand. The data is a mix of Finance and Risk data.
- Ensure the completeness and coverage of all requirements (functional, non-functional, technical and detailed data items).
- Ensure test outputs meet requirements.
- Produce and ensure the quality of all analysis outputs such as detailed business requirements, business rules, mapping rules, functional specifications, interface specifications, use cases, test cases etc.
- Work closely with the PM to schedule analysis activity and resources to meet agreed milestones.
- Liaison between Technology teams and Finance reporting team.
- Analysis of data fields currently used for in-scope regulatory reports.
- Identification of current data sources for each of these fields including the intervening detailed mappings and logic/transformations.
- Support analysis of optimum sources for the data including availability in existing Enterprise Data Warehouse/s or potential to derive from new source feeds for consolidation.
- Analysis to support new source feed system interface specifications.
- Data requirements analysis for the data tables/DataMarts supporting each report
- Documentation of detailed mappings and transformations from the consolidated data set to each report
- Preparation of test case materials
- Finance Services/banking industry experience.
- Experience with Data Mapping and Business Intelligence.
- Experience with Finance or Risk data/reporting projects, including data sourcing.
- Prepared to be hands on and produce deliverables (this role is not just resource management).
- Ideally also knowledge of Business Objects however this is not an immediate need.