About the role
Solution Architect is responsible for developing capability roadmaps, technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements and aligning solutions.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
Skills and experience
- Desirable - Defence application design including Nintex
- Desirable - Defence Security application framework (ISM & DSPF)
- Manage the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the program, and gaining endorsement by the program's Design Authority.
- Develop high level designs for IT infrastructure, including network, storage and compute, along with contemporary cloud technologies and security.
Junior - Min 3 Years experience with BASELINE Clearance
Senior - Min 5 Years experience with BASELINE Clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqueed on 0290540955 quoting reference 210007
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.