Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Junior Project Officer to monitor project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organise and participate in stakeholder meetings, and ensure that project deadlines are met in a timely manner and program outcomes are achieved.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2021 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
The successful applicant will be required to work collaboratively as part of a team to lead, plan, manage and deliver project activities, including:
- Working with a Senior IT Project Manager to maintain and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organising, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- End to end project management of project from inception to BAU, including process mapping and project reporting
- Coordinate workshops, gather requirements, document acceptance criteria, user stories and priorities
- Documenting and following up on important actions items and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assessing project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Maintain regular engagement with the stakeholders
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Well written, interpersonal and representational skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- Analysis and problem solving skills, sound judgement and ability to think strategically;
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines within a dynamic team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team and lead activities within an interdependent work plan;
- Experience supporting Program management and program delivery, in addition to project management;
- Experience supporting the delivery of multi-year complex reform initiatives;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office, including expertise in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel; and
- Effective records Management experience
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Baseline Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 207849
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.