Our client is a well known Australian enterprise that provides exceptional customer service and products to thousands of Australians every day. They seek a Junior Programmer to join their Analytics team for an initial 3-month contract with a view to extend. This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone who has 1-2 years' experience in programming(particularly with R) and IT support roles to get a start in an enterprise environment.
This role will be providing support for the analytics group, which is made up of data scientists, data engineers, and team leads. The Junior Programmer will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and writing code in R
- Providing system support and administration
- Monitoring and maintaining systems
- Install and configurations
- Providing service and support to business users as well as the analytics team
The ideally you have:
- Proficient with R programming language and used frequently in a commercial setting
- Background in Unix/Linux administration and support
- Sound understanding of IT systems (networks, servers, domains, databases)
- Understanding of cloud concepts
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate technical concepts into easy to understand terms for non-technical end-users, prompt to respond and follow-up when support is required
- Customer service etiquette
If you are ready to jump in for your next challenge, apply now with your latest resume in Word format.