2 X JAVA Developers
Brisbane CBD location
Initial 7 - 12 monts contract + 2 x 12 months extension
About the role
Provide Java development skills and support services for existing client applications to ensure a timely delivery of operational deliverables.
The Java Developer will
- Work as part of an application software project team to develop and support Java built application systems (components and/or COTS interfaces) with the Java Toolset within a Java EE environment with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Work within the following spaces: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Utilise WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java application software.
- Work with guidance from the Lead Analyst, Enterprise Architect and other technical specialists to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, construction, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in the Java environment.
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts and priorities to complete work with the required deadlines.
Skills and experience
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, JSF2, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database.
- Processing XML files using java.
- Experience within large complex organisations; such as Qld Government, Government transport or similar organisations.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 214614.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.