- Geelong based
- 1 year fixed term period
A progressive government department that is undergoing large transformation and changes has a requirement for a Java Developer.
As a Technical Specialist - JAVA, you are responsible for providing technical services across a range of applications, with a strong focus on maintaining service quality at or above agreed targets.
This role will provide technical specialists and system analysts, and the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives within technical practices such as software development and system integration, and will ensure production of documentation to enable colleagues to support, maintain and develop applications.
The duties will involve the following;
- Design, build and implement solutions and services according to agreed service levels and standards, balancing time and quality targets.
- Document and perform complex deployment and environment configuration activities related to support fixes, enhancements and new development including standardising, systematising and automating where possible.
- Engage with change and release managers to deliver system changes and enhancements to the agreed standards, practices and techniques, undertaking the assessment and analysis of the change required, through to development and implementation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and usable for end users and support
- Where required, contribute to the design and develop integration solutions where required, based on SOA principles ensuring in delivery through established processes. Contribute to decisions about integration tools, technologies, methods and approaches.
- Maintain application support processes, and monitor support request delivery for quality and conformance to agreed procedures. Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedure, and that documentation of supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support
Required skills and experience for the role;
- Experience in different technologies and products, including but not limited to; J2EE, HTML, XML, Oracle/SQL, CSS. JSP. Hibernate.
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical aspects of software package configuration coupled with a functional knowledge of the applications; and/or expertise in software development and configuration for custom-built applications.
- Experience with relational database application programming e.g. PL/SQL, Stored Procedures
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Advanced professional written communication skills; proven ability to write quality business documentation, functional and non-functional artefacts, and technical documentation for a wide variety of audiences and purposes.
- Experience designing, development and administrating applications hosted on IBM WebSphere
- Any exposure to ITIL Foundations, principles and application.
- any exposure to Claims, Case and Customer Relationship Management applications, Deployment Management tools, Document Management Systems and/or IBM Integration and Product Suite.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact John on 03 80807260 quoting reference: #191637
To proceed click the Apply Button.