Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled Java Developer to develop software applications to meet business requirements to support projects/programs using Java with respect to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile development practices and processes.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2021 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop business solutions through the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile development practices and processes to meet the Deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in Java programming:
- Experience working in an enterprise software development environment and ability to leverage offexisting software frameworks and development processes
- Recent experience developing applications on IBM WebSphere Application Server/Portal Serverplatforms using JSF with PrimeFaces UI framework/MyFaces implementation
- Ability to interpret user requirements / user stories and produce code with minimal defects
- Experience using SOAP web services, REST, XML, EJB, Spring or Spring Boot
- Experience in developing middleware and back end applications requiring business interactions
- A good understanding of authentication and authorisation
- Ability to develop software where users are authenticated and unauthenticated
- Be a Test Driven Development developer
- Unit test skills for Java eg JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, EasyMock, PowerMock, Spring Test, Jersey Test
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in complying with WCAG 2.0 requirements
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience in UX/UI practices and standards
- Demonstrated leadership through the ability meet the expectations of the role.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Baseline Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 205151
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.