Our client is part of the Top 4 Banks and is seeking a Senior Java Developer. This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent!
About the role
This role provides technology based services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions to meet business surveillance needs. Delivers integration of FX orders into the new Trader Lifecycle Surveillance Platform to meet the Enforceable Undertakings agreed with ASIC for the FX Spot Trading business (FX EU), and further incorporation of Rates and Fixed Income traded products to satisfy NFA and APRA commitments. Failure to meet these regulatory commitments could result in significant financial consequence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs either in one major language or in a range of programs across multiple platforms.
- Developing operating and system documentation.
- Working with users to evaluate IT applications and equipment requirements.
- Ensuring that systems are developed within agreed budgets and time frames and achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- Providing technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced members of applications development team.
- Cloud migration to AWS
The successful candidate will possess:
- Must have skills in Java and Unix scripting
- Advanced skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2.
- 7+ years in software development, with at least 3 years general IT experience coupled with tertiary qualifications.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva quoting reference: 201080.