About the role
A large financial organisation which offers a great work environment and interesting project work is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join its superannuation area to digitize its current platform. Working in this specific area of this organisation your role will support the delivery of their service through delivering the required designs, changes, development and testing of the relevant software. This is an initial twelve month contract role based in Melbourne's CBD. This role will suit someone who has a proven track record of hitting the ground running and has a passion for contributing new ideas.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Development, testing, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions/ application software.
- Ownership/accountability for the investigation of user requirements/problems and develop technology solutions in accordance with business needs by
- Produce detailed specifications, develop, maintain and test programs according to detailed technical, functional and non-functional specifications.
- Develop operating and system documentation.
- Use technical specifications, requirements, standards and procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs as part of an application development or problem resolution activity
About the successful candidate
- Highly proficient in core Java programming and open source Java frameworks
- Experience with SQL, Oracle and .Net in addition to strong Java skills will be highly beneficial
- Experience working with API Gateways
- Experience working across Superannuation or Wealth or Banking platforms will be looked upon favourably but not essential
- Recent experience designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs
- Understanding of high availability design
- Previous experience working in Agile and Scrum environments
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- A proactive and dedicated individual who is adaptable and can pick up new languages quickly
Due to the nature of this organisation only Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian Permanent residents can be considered for this position.