Our Client is a large Australian Financail Services organisation requiring a Core JAVA Developer in the Payments team to write code and support automated production for an enhanced Business and Customer experience.
- Analyse, design, implement and support features that enhance the business or customer experience,.
- Identify, analyse, design, implement and support automation strategies for technology operational support processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Foster engineering capability within the broader service reliability
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance.
- Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support - be on primary support for critical payments applications approximately 1 week out of every 4
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field.
- Core Java
- Exposure to build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Jython/Python).
- Spring or Springboot Microservices ideal
- Experience with the following also preferred: J2EE, MDB, messaging, Angular, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), SCM (Git) & Unit Testing, Microservice patterns, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, but an over-riding desire to write code.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jan Hundleby on 02 8267 2469 quoting reference 237579.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.