Initial contract till July 2021 + possible extensions
About the role
As the Software Developer you will provide programming expertise with a range of core responsibilities, these include:
- Perform the role of Technical Lead to assist state-wide business users to define their detailed requirements and work jointly with them to define, create and implement a working production system.
- Direct and undertake complex systems analysis, systems design (including contributing to architecture) and programming in relation to the development and maintenance of information brokerage systems.
- Provide effective and timely problem management and resolution in line with client service level agreements and business guidelines and specialist technical advice and consultancy services to internal and external clients, analysts and managers to deliver progressive and advanced software solutions that meet both business and technical requirements.
- Maintain working relationships with peers, clients and vendors to provide development services that meet customer service expectations.
- Establish, document and maintain a high level of software development standards and design procedures and ensure programs support applications in accordance with departmental standards, guidelines and methodologies.
- Demonstrate currency with emerging software development best practices, technologies and trends globally and whole of Government policies and standards relating to applications development.
Skills and experience
Your suitability for this role will be assessed against how you:
- Develop software and enhance web environments. In particular, a high level of demonstrated working knowledge and experience in the following environments, languages and technologies is required:
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in the following environments, languages and technologies will be highly regarded:
- SQL, JSON, XML, Oracle, Tuxedo, C, Agile Processes, Deployment Automation, Automation Testing (Junit, Selenium), Apache Tomcat, Apache httpd, Weblogic, Maven, SAML, OAuth, LDAP, OpenAM, OpenDJ, Mulesoft, and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate experience in providing advanced technical support including problem analysis, troubleshooting, applying updates and providing expert advice in a client focused environment for a range of applications.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 211406.
Please note applications for this role close Thursday, 1st April 2021 at 4 pm.