Our Federal Government Client is seeking multiple Java Application Developers.
This is a long-term contract role with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Ensure team outputs meet Program stakeholder needs.
- Work with Product Owners to drive the delivery of technical solutions through the management of their own team and coordination with other technical teams.
- Provide extensive application development knowledge and skills to support Technical Leads in project delivery including the management of own workload.
- Design, develop and implement software according to industry standards and practices in the following (or similar) technologies and concepts:
- Identity and Access Management, including federated identity management concepts;
- Hadoop Big Data Platforms, data lakes, data hubs or data fabrics;
- Cloud Infrastructure (MS Azure)
- API-based integration patterns
- (modern) Data Management tools (supporting both ETL and ELT patterns)
- Integrated Data Management solutions
- Integrated DevOps/IAC and CI/CD pipelines
- Approaches to generalised entity matching;
- Open-source and COTS technology products.
- The following specific technologies:
- HBase/HDFS (HDInsight), ElasticSearch, Neo4j, Kafka, NiFi, Kibana, Logstash, GraphQL, Redis, WSO2 Identity Server (or similar), WSO2 API Manager (or similar), PostgreSQL (or similar), React (or similar), Java springboot.
- Azure big data services, Azure AD/ADFS, Azure API Manager, Azure CosmosDB
- Develop comprehensive documentation and perform testing to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations.
- Provide ongoing production support for the NCIS capability and related infrastructure.
- Senior Application Developers may be required to:
- mentor junior application developers to transfer skills and knowledge;
- lead and develop a small technical team focused on developing new or enhanced business applications;
- delegate and manage team workload, creating accountability and responsibility across NCIS.
- Undertaking official travel interstate, as required.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions using SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
It is desirable if you have:
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to reach agreement on complex matters.
- Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgement and align operational activities with corporate goals.
- Experience in using Big Data tools such as Hadoop, KafkaHQ, Neo4j and Elasticsearch, among others.
- Demonstrated experience through software development with the Azure Cloud Platform.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or have the ability to obtain NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.