A large IT company is in need of a FinOps Engineer with Excel/VBA Macros experience in Sydney CBD.
The Successful candidate is expected:
- To coordinate activities across the the client software development community to increase awareness of cost-conscious development practices
- To work in a multi cloud environment and liaise with and direct the resources available from our software stack and tool vendors to maximise their contributions
- To take the identified public cloud optimisation opportunities, prepare and prioritise a program of work to realise the benefits of those opportunities
- Use a metrics-based approach to ensure that a baseline is established prior to conducting cost optimisation activities and measure and report the outcomes
- To present cost data and trends to management and application teams and other stakeholders as they arise
- Ability to liaise with Finance on the accounting for Cloud Costs and cost avoidance arising from the optimisation activities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Visual Basis Macros
- Supporting informed decision making through a combination of effective communication and data driven analysis
- Effecting change in business processes
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical, business or finance discipline with demonstrated extensive experience in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience on different cloud providers is a plus