About the Company
Our client is the new APAC arm for an established startup in the integration space. As a single product company, they offer a specialist solution to allow data to flow between different applications either on prem, cloud or mobile. They have recently expanded into Australiasia and Europe from their US head office, and require a full time Integration Support Engineer to join their small team. They offer great opportunity for career growth in an environment of change.
About the role
As the Intergration Support Engineer, you will assist the customer facing Support team. With exceptional opportunity for eventual growth within the team, your responsibilties will include IT ticket resolution and escalation.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose our customers issues. Customers will always think it's an internal software issue, but pften it ends up being a problem with their server (Windows/Linux), network , DNS, firewall, proxy, or other software. Although our client provides a very high level of support, and so the candidate will provide recommendations, and even help trouble shoot issues outside of our own software product.
- Talk clients through a series of actions over the web sharing tech (Zoom, Webex, Gotomeeting, etc.) to help set up systems, resolve issues, or provide advice.
- Exercise judgement as to when issues can be resolved locally, or need to be escalated.
About You, the Candidate
- VERY analytically skilled, and be willing to work through problems systematically
- Strong Networking/Database skills
- Desire to understand how things work
- Desire to learn and trouble shoot new technologies
- Sense of urgency to try and solve problems quickly
- Ability to understand that an issue is more than just technology
- Ability to manage/update the customer, in a clear and polite way, during the process
- Basic script trouble shooting
- Comfortable with reading stack traces (C++, Java, db drivers, etc.)
- Bachelor degree
- Comfortable using digital communication methods (Slack, Zoom, JIRA, etc.)
- Highly self-motivated
- Sense of pride in work
- Professional: communicates openly, operates with integrity, and leads by example
- Resilient with positive "can do" attitude
- Team player
- Intellectually curious
- Sense of urgency on getting things done
- Outcome oriented
- Sense of humour
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Perry on (03) 8080 7241 quoting reference 208287.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.