- Geelong based
- 2 year fixed term period
A progressive government department that is undergoing a large transformation and changes has a requirement for an Integration Solution Designer.
As the Integration Solution Designer you will provide a range of technical services supporting, maintaining, enhancing, designing, building and deploying applications assigned to their service. The role is responsible for providing technical services across a range of applications, and technology platforms.
This role will provide technical leadership and direction to Integration Support Specialists and system analysts, and lead the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives within technical practices such as software development and system integration, and will ensure production of documentation to enable colleagues to support, maintain and develop applications.
The role will the following;
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system /service designer. May contribute to the overall design of the service. May define the technical criteria for product/component selection. Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches.
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
Required skills and experience for the role;
- Significant experience designing and developing solutions using the following technologies: IBM MQ, IBM IIB, IBM BPM , IBM ODM, IBM API Management, Splunk, Redhat Linux, Docker, AWS/GCP/Azure/BlueMix, Redhat Linux
- Significant experience in a similar role, supporting, developing, maintaining and improving a complex application portfolio in a multi sourced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage end-to-end support and resolution processes for assigned tasks through in-depth analysis, review and application of expert knowledge.
- Experience in enterprise application systems analysis and development, including: analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support with a thorough understanding of the Service Delivery Lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical aspects of software package configuration coupled with a functional knowledge of the applications; and/or expertise in software development and configuration for custom-built applications.
- Advanced professional written communication skills; proven ability to write quality business documentation, functional and non-functional artefacts, and technical documentation for a wide variety of audiences and purposes.
- Prior experience in, or advanced knowledge of, support analysis or support testing with a sound understanding of industry trends.
- Experienced in ITIL Foundations, principles and application.
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Experience in different technologies and products, including but not limited to; J2EE, HTML, XML, SQL, and/or Domino, Case and Customer Relationship Management applications, Workflow tools, Business Intelligence tools, Deployment Management tools, Payment and Billing systems, and/or Mainframe Applications.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact John Cassisi on 03 8080 7260 quoting reference: #188629