Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Technical Support Officer to provide support services across multiple environments, supporting ITD staff for the management of Application OS Server patching in lower environments, supporting E8 Security programs and providing expertise in Environment Management disciplines.
This is a long-term contract for 12 months with 12 months extension, located at our Client's Canberra location.
The Deliverables for the Technical Support Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Linux and Windows Operating System Support
- E8 Security Program Support
- Establishing and maintaining environment management best practices.
- Implement environment processes and procedures to support the full Software Development and
- Applications Lifecycle and DevOps
- Mentoring, guiding and leading other team members
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 10+ years working within an IT infrastructure
- 10+ years Linux and Windows operating system administration experience.
- 5+ years experience with environment management processes and procedures
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Demonstratable knowledge of software development tools.
- Technical background in software development and delivery.
- Proven experience in IT Environment Management in a corporate environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both management and technical teams;
- Ability to prioritise and multi task within various projects in a variety of environments;
- Work effectively across multiple development environments and teams.
- Ability to work effectively with our IT Service Providers.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and undertake initiative to suggest improvements.
- Oversee the establishment of mature release management practices.
- Setup and implement patch management processes.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos at 0288807642 quoting Job Reference: # 242367
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.