About the role
The Infrastructure Solution Architect exists to provide thought leadership and technical architecture capabilities to assist with aligning the Infrastructure, Collaboration and Database services within the organisation with the overall Technology Strategy and in line with industry best practices. This role acts in function of domain architecture that support enterprise architecture. This will require maintaining a close relationship with the Technology Architecture and Engagement team.
The organisation has a highly complex legacy technology landscape and is implementing some of the most advanced new platforms and applications available. The company is in a period of technological transformation and the Infrastructure Solution Architect will be pivotal in ensuring that the transition for the enterprise is smooth and that the new infrastructure and hosting services align to industry best practices, meets business expectations and delivers required business benefits, while integrating with legacy systems as efficiently as possible and limiting spend on systems that will be decommissioned in the near future.
In close collaboration with peers in the Technology Operations branch, set the roadmap and inputs to strategy for delivering Infrastructure Solutions and Services that contributes to business performance and enables the organisation's corporate strategy including;
- Understanding the current status of Datacenters in Hybrid Azure private Cloud and setting up Hybrid Tripod Datacentre
- Define and execute the Infrastructure, Collaboration and Database strategy and roadmap, collaborating with Technology Architecture and Engagement, in line with the Technology and Corporate strategy.
- Define, develop and maintain pragmatic strategies for the optimal mix of cloud versus on-prem for the enterprise. This role owns and drives domain expertise that supports the enterprise.
- Engage stakeholders and present in forums on technical solutions and best practices.
- Manage system integration efforts to ensure that the entire system is built in an efficient and robust manner towards a high level of maintainability, reliability and availability.
- Design infrastructure solutions to meet the defined architectural strategies, operational principles and is aligned with industry best practice.
- Participate in project business cases and technical requirements specification gathering exercises including functional and non-functional.
- Manage the design of infrastructure components in support of solution design.
- Review and improve infrastructure processes based on best practices in industry.
- Have a basic understanding of the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) cyber security principles imposed on the organisation by the NSW state government
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree (specify): Computer science or related field of study
TOGAF and/or ArchiMate certification
- Azure and / or O365 certifications
- Specialised Professional: 3-10 years' experience in a similar/professional role within organisations with intensive operational technologies in play
- Working experience, with proven records of having utilised architect design capabilities in the area of infrastructure management for both on premise and Cloud workloads.
- Preference will be given to experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform and associated products and services.
- Experience with the development of architecture patterns, standards, principles and roadmaps.
- Proven experience working on digital transformation and data centre migration projects.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Self motivation in the areas of anticipating developments, originating action to achieve goals, and being innovative on underground design practices.
Communication (writing & reporting)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Eugene on 02 82672467 quoting reference #244367
To indicate your interest please click the 'Apply Now' button for a consultant to get in touch with you.