Role: ITSM Service Request Specialist/ Infra Project Coordinator
Duration - 6 months rolling contract
Rate: $665.00 inc of super
Please note- Client is looking for coordinators not managers.
The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate the fulfilment of complex ITSM- IT infrastructure service requests across multiple support groups and external suppliers and ensure that the fulfilment of requests by these parties meets requirements and standards.
To be successful, the Service Request Specialist will need to effectively collaborate with multiple internal and external parties, possess sound knowledge of technical IT infrastructure and have proven experience managing the delivery of complex service requests in a large, complex environment.
Coordinating the complex request fulfilment process across multiple support groups and third-party suppliers in a complex, federated organisation undergoing significant business and technology change.
- Relevant ITSM- IT service management certification.
- Preferred candidates who are with Technical Project Co-ordination or Technical Project Officer experience.
- People that have experience delivering ITIL processes will have added advantages
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex request fulfilment responsibilities, in large, complex organisations with multi-sourced delivery models.
- Demonstrated ability to actively collaborate and coordinate multiple parties with potentially conflicting priorities to deliver the fulfilment of complex technical services requests to a high quality and in a timely manner, with third party infrastructure suppliers in a multi-sourced delivery model.
- Knowledge of best practice processes, procedures, and tooling in complex service request management, including how request fulfilment practices need to be adapted for large complex federated organisations, and for emerging contemporary delivery models (e.g. "as-a-Service", Continuous Delivery).
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure services and technologies including data centre and compute platforms and products, collaboration and productivity suites, network services (voice, mobile, data).
- A working knowledge of IT service principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods.
- Coordinate fulfilment of complex service requests including the sequencing, scheduling, planning, issue resolution, quality control, prioritisation, review, and approval of these requests.
- Act as the liaison point and facilitate communication between multiple internal support groups, suppliers, and the requestor throughout the request lifecycle, provide status updates to the requestor and act as the primary escalation point for complex requests.
- Support management and prioritisation of the complex service requests pipeline to optimise the quality and timeliness of request fulfilment in line with business needs.
- Create and maintain the complex service request process documentation (flow chart, roles and responsibilities etc.) to be used by the Complex Service Request team, application portfolio teams, other internal support groups and suppliers.
- Ensure that the process is designed in a manner consistent with the Process Quality Framework and collaborate to analyse and identify improvements to the complex service request management process.
- Collaborate with third party infrastructure suppliers to enable the delivery of services per requirements.
- Leverage a robust understanding of infrastructure services (e.g. data centre platforms and products, voice, mobile and data services, end user / workplace services) to develop delivery plans that optimise sequencing of request fulfilment activities across suppliers and escalate service quality or delivery issues to the Service Delivery Manager for the respective portfolio.
- Engage with the appropriate Technical Specialist to govern solution and technical designs prepared by suppliers.
- Proactively identify potential risks and escalate these to the line manager.
- Contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities.