What you'll get to do:
Design and implement solutions for Australia's top retailer. Influence and aid hardware selection, strategic direction of soon to-be 6,000+ virtual servers critical to business continuity as well as other infrastructure in store. With IT in the midst of a refresh, we need the best to uplift the service to the business.
What you need to succeed:
- 4 + years technical experience within infrastructure engineering/design.
- Good knowledge across distributed hosting platforms and orchestration solutions
- Understanding of routing and switching.
- Solid experience with scripting / automation of infrastructure in remote sites (preferably MS based deployments).
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure and service design, working with vendors and third parties to deliver desired outcomes at scale.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and directions to ensure solutions will provide business with forward compatible, scalable and flexible solutions.
- Focus on capability over product lead decisions.
- Disciplined approach to documentation creation and review.
- An innovative and creative approach to decision making.
- Ability to understand and reverse engineer complex solutions.
Soft Skills and Leadership
- Great written, communication and time management skills.
- Confidence in conflict resolution, negotiation and influencing ability.
- Focus on how things 'should' be done, instead of repeating how they 'are' done.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance consumer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Microsoft SCCM / AD / Server 2012, 2016/Powershell
To indicate your interest please apply via the link or call Eugene on 94094710 for a detailed and confidential discussion