We are seeking the services of a generalist Infrastructure Engineer in Canberra. Apply now for a great opportunity!
Our client has a requirement for an Infrastructure Generalist to deliver a range of technical capabilities to their key capability domain.
You will need to be highly motivated, keen to learn, and have a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel. This role isn't just about BAU i.e. keeping the lights on. Given all that we have going on in our business you will have the opportunity to be involved in significant projects and provide your insights and expertise as well as fast track your experience.
You will be adept at complex problem solving, and dedicated to maintaining continuous improvement in your working environment. You must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and partners
This role will be responsible for integrating, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure consisting on HPE servers, Cisco and Palo Alto networking, Microsoft and VMware components.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Experience in:
- Microsoft/VMware Server Infrastructure and hardware installation
- End User Computing support and installation
- Desktop Support with proven understanding of cyber security best practices.
- Experience in one or more of the following 5 disciplines:
- Tier1 Hypervisors, such as VMware vSphere
- Network Administration, ideally Cisco, HPE or Palo Alto
- Supporting Windows Server, Windows 10 Operating systems and server hardware
- Windows 10 PCs and Laptops, including deploying Windows SOEs and patches using SCCM
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu Linux Administration
- Perform 2nd level troubleshooting (as required) and support to resolution of all infrastructure related incidents and requests.
- Experience or an interest in automation and/or Infrastructure as Code (IaaC).
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM) and how to apply it to infrastructure and networking.
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 237175