Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled Infrastructure Engineer to join the Information Technology Services (ITS) team to provide daily operational/BAU ICT support in a highly versatile, dynamic, and agile environment. The Infrastructure team is the initial point of call for users of ICT services. The Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for the administrative support of ICT services, as well as a range of project work and system development tasks.
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with extensions options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the successful candidate, you are required to:
- Support a variety of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, backup tools, support tools and virtual infrastructure;
- Deploy Applications and Operating systems using Microsoft System Center and VMWare vSphere; 3. Configure security products such as Windows Defender, Microsoft AppLocker and Windows Defender Application Control;
- Automate Support Tasks using PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and other automation tools;
- Provide technical support to resolve incidents and service requests effectively, promptly and courteously;
- Assist with the integration of cloud services into the NBA environment;
- Operate in an environment compliant with the ACSC Information Security Manual;
- Provide support and assist the CIO, the ICT Infrastructure team and Architecture with infrastructure technology decision making;
- Develop documentation such as standard operating procedures and technical knowledge base articles, assist in documentation and advise on procurement matters
To perform the role, you should have:
- Experience in the support and integration of End User Computing ICT infrastructure, Windows Server infrastructure, and Virtualisation Infrastructure
- Experience automating systems, tasks and processes to reduce the overall support burden
- Experience working in an ACSC ISM-compliant environment with a security-first outlook on deploying, configuring and managing systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings from cloud and managed service providers
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess NV1 Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference # 203477
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.