About the Role
Infrastructure Design Engineer with a telecommunications and transport infrastructure background, preferably from the rail industry. You will be accountable for the architecture, design, development and assurance of DC Power Supply system and Telecommunication Facilities i.e. equipment room and housing, HVAC and cable routing
- Exercise Engineering Design Authority for DC Power Supply system and Telecommunication Facilities
- Design and ongoing network development, including implementation and network procurement.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert on multi-discipline design projects
- Provide technical advice and support in DC Power Supplies and Cable, Router, Fibre Optic design and Telecommunication Facilities
- Investigate telecommunications incidents, which may impact on network design requirements
- Actively identify weaknesses and obsolescence in DC Power Supply system and initiate action.
- Comply with quality assurance processes for telecommunications engineering work
- Monitor and audit telecommunications network projects to ensure compliance.
- Review network capacities and performance to cater for future demand.
- Prepare design implementation and commissioning test plans and specifications to facilitate the seamless introduction of new DC Power Supply and Telecommunication facilities equipment and migration of services
- Previous experience in an Infrastructure Design Engineer role
- Experienced in complex environments
- Experience and qualifications in IT / Electrical / Telecoms Engineering in rail telecommunications engineering design
- Prefer experience in a rail environment
- Must have extensive experience with the design of DC Power Supply system and Telecommunication facilities
- Must have Cable, Route and Fibre optice Design expereince
- Working knowledge of Australian telecommunications regulations, practices and standards
- Knowledge of Configuration Management & Control processes.
- Experience in all aspects of optical fibre cable design, inclusive of cable selection, fibre interconnection drawings, fibre splicing design and cable route designs.
- CDCP (Certified Data Centre Professional) qualification - desirable
- RIW Card or the ability to gain one
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes soon