General job responsibilities:
- Provide advice and assistance on contemporary information and cyber security matters to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate contemporary knowledge of information and cyber security vulnerabilities and threats including associated identification and prevention techniques.
- Conduct analytical and research tasks to meet the information and cyber security needs of stakeholders.
- Communicate information and cyber security through presentations and technical reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Investigate cyber security vulnerabilities and assess their impact to stakeholders' systems through research, analysis and reporting.
- Take the initiative to find solutions to moderately complex matters and seek advice and guidance on more complex information and cyber security issues.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Fundamental knowledge of common networking protocols, including specifically DNS
- Experience in a or Data Science/Analysis, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Threat Hunting, Security Operations Centre or Intrusion Detection role.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience in translating high level information requirements into complex SQL queries.
- Experience with SIEMs such as Splunk to analyze network and host based artefacts including creating baselines and visualizations.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens able to obtain government and other clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 210199
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.