About the Role:
You will provide recommendations for the development and implementation of PRD Data-focused Information Management strategy, ensuring the effective group-wide storage approach, appropriate master data management and operational flows, and retrieval and dissemination of key business information.
- At least 10 years of experience in Information management and data architecture industry, with at least 5 years of experience in Information Management and/or Information Architecture, data staging and modelling.
- Professional experience at a senior level in designing and implementing complex data/information management systems, strategies and policies.
- Extensive experience in consulting with business managers and other user groups to deliver strategic and tactical information management solutions.
- Extensive experience in working with other ICT stakeholders including application portfolio managers, program/project managers, solution architects, infrastructure managers, business relationship managers, business analysts, external vendors and others.
- Experience in planning and managing the implementation of information management initiatives involving technical and organisational change.
- Strong written and verbal communications and consulting skills.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
The Information Architect is responsible for modelling all applications across the division and the logical data flows between them:
Responsible for expressing the enterprise vision for the applications and the data flows between them.
- Responsible for modelling and maintaining the enterprise data models.
- Responsible for extending the data models to the application architecture.
- Developing, documenting and directing the formulation, implementation and evaluation of Information Management strategies, policies and standards.
- Defining and ensuring PRD Information Management needs; aligning such requirements with technical solutions architecture strategy and planning process.
- Define and deliver information architecture for a Business Intelligence Platform.
- Consulting on data structures that meet business functional requirements, review designs of solution architects for data collection and access products
- Consulting with business units to determine and recommend data-focused information management solutions.
- Lead the development and integration of PRD data-focused Information Management systems and policies concerning metadata, taxonomies, retrieval, security, storage, integration and disposal of information.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of back-end infrastructure initiatives to improve the business value of information in terms of quality, efficiency, integration and usability.
- Standardising the management and amalgamation of new systems and business activities into existing Information Management systems and strategy.
- Coordinating Information Management programs and initiatives across the department.
- Managing the activities and workload of support teams delivering Information Architecture projects.
- Delivering and managing a portfolio of data-focused Information Management projects across PRD.
- Application of governance to support the implementation of information management standards through effective data analytics teams, ICT partners, and business forums.
- Guiding the provision of consulting services to business units to determine information needs and problems and recommending solutions.
- Providing data-focused Information Management measures and regular reviews of data profiles in the form of performance reports.
- Developing and implementing effective measures and benchmarks to assess the functionality and effectiveness of Information Management.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Manjita Osta quoting reference number 194673.
To apply please click the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your up-to-date resume (preferably in MS Word format).