Our client is seeking an ICT Support / Project Officer for an initial 6-month engagement to work within the ICT team on various ICT small projects and assist with some support activities.
About the role -
The ICT Support Project Officer is responsible for the coordination of information and communication technologies (ICT) projects. The role will provide ICT support to operational staff in the ongoing utilisation of technology.
The position plays a lead role in conducting testing of new devices, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, procurement of ICT peripherals and devices and providing advice to ensure the consistent delivery of project outputs.
The position is also responsible for developing and maintaining system documentation, standards and procedures pertaining to the role.
- Provides ICT support to the operational staff in the utilization of various ICT technology and peripherals.
- Is responsible for the procurement and management of corporate mobile devices, sim cards, peripherals and associated technologies.
- Plays a lead role in conducting testing of new devices which assist operational staff to undertake their work more efficiently.
- Works closely with the ICT managed services provider and internal ICT to ensure that services are delivered which meet operational requirements.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Works closely with the IT and Security Manager to ensure that information and communication technologies (ICT) "small" projects are managed and that projected outcomes are achieved.
- Writes documentation and maintains accurate records to ensure that the correct information is handed over to operations personnel once project outcomes have been delivered.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and the ability to assist with the development, use and review of information to meet project outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working within Windows based on-prem and cloud environments such as Azure and AWS.
- Demonstrated experience in providing ICT support to operational staff in the ongoing utilisation of technology
- Good troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions to ICT related issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to respond appropriately to a range of internal and external stakeholders and work productively in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to adapt, use initiative and work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Mobile device management (MDM) solutions such as Microsoft Intune.
- Demonstrated experience working with Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Encryption and Windows Hello solutions.
- Must be willing and able to drive to regional sites, as required with possible overnight stay.
- Hold a valid class C driving license.
- A current National Police Certificate is required.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button. Please be aware that due to the WA border closure, we cannot progress applciations for candidates who are not curently residing in WA.