About the Company
This role is working with one of Australia's largest energy distributors, responsible for the supply of electricity to 2.4 million people in households and businesses across most of NSW. The energy industry is undergoing major transformation with new technologies underpinning that change, including increased renewables, microgrids, IoT, Electric Vehicles and the self-healing network.
About the role
The IT Support Manager role is responsible to provide the delivery of End User Computing (including equipment provisioning, configuration and user support) services as well as first level support services (Helpdesk) for all Technology systems while meeting or exceeding agreed Service Level Objectives across the business in support of its 24x7 operations.
Additionally, the End User Computing Manager leads the IT Service Management capabilities across the Technology branch ensuing consist and effective implementation of ITIL processes.
This role will be rostered to be on-call as an escalation point for major incidents from time to time.
Skills and experience;
- Managing major IT incidents and an understand of incident management frameworks;
- Managing standard desktop environments in a medium to large enterprise, strong understanding of high availability low downtime tolerant environments, significant problem-solving and troubleshooting experience;
- Proven experience in building and managing a customer service orientated team that recognises the priorities of the business and responds in the appropriate manner to user issues;
- Experience in creating a strategic plan for End User Computing operating environments, applications and devices.
- Ability to engage and manage performance of external service providers;
- Proven experience and understanding of Cyber security challenges.
You will have sound working knowledge of IT application management principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods. You will have high degree of commercial acumen with the ability to manage expenditure, assess commercial quotes and business cases for best value. You will also have strong commitment to customer service.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting reference reference number 212826.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.