Our client is a large well known organisation with offices in Parramatta.
They are currently seeking an IT support officer to join a high performing team.
This is an initial 3 month contract starting at the end of January with the possibility of extension.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Routine point of contact for IT related issues
- Customer facing role both face to face and on the phone
- IT/AV support
- End user Desktop support
- Provide a first class tier 1 and tier 2 IT support service in the context of a large and complex organisation through a variety of support mechanisms (i.e. phone, remote access, face to face etc.) ensuring that customers feel valued and receive efficient and effective support
To be considered for the role you will need:
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm to provide effective and customer focused user support
- Sound interpersonal, communication (oral, written and listening) skills, teamwork and customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to implement customer focused solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a roster covering 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday
- Ability in solving problems in a systematic way, including liaising with colleagues and interpreting when to escalate individual and systemic problems for resolution within appropriate timeframes.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of PC hardware and software systems, audio visual technologies and of the elements that comprise an IT infrastructure (networks, applications, servers, workstations) and how they interrelate; educational technologies and computing software applications and their application in teaching and learning.