Our Federal Government Client is seeking an IT Software Asset Management Specialist.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12 months extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Utilising enterprise systems ITSM tool ServiceNow to track and manage software license allocation, usage and recovery in large-scale ICT environments;
- Ensuring clients use software in accordance with licence terms, and optimising their software licences based on technical and business requirements;
- Analysing existing software deployments to quantify licence usage and finding opportunities for optimisation (this can be complex and technical due to various vendor licensing methods);
- Engaging with client stakeholders in relation to their use and management of software;
- Improving the management of software across all phases of its lifecycle including planning, acquisition, deployment, maintenance, and retirement;
- Actively participating in IT Service Management (ITSM) Governance forums, providing subject matter expertise and solutions to complex problems;
- Monitoring and reporting on Service Level Agreement (SLA) Compliance;
- Identifying and developing key areas of improvement with the ITSM tool, ensuring alignment to industry standards and ensuring process efficiencies, maturity and data integrity;
- Supporting assurance programs that deliver effective risk management and compliance practices;
- Identifying continual service improvement initiatives and supporting projects and programs of work focused on transformation and maturity of IT Service Management.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- An understanding of the concepts of ICT systems;
- Excellent customer service, stakeholder management, and communication skills;
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple tasks/deliverables;
- Experience in the maintenance of business-critical data records;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on consistency and quality management, and the ability to work with large volumes of data;
- Ability to identify and contribute to areas of continual service improvement;
- Experience working with service management processes including asset management, incident, service request, problem and change management.
It is desirable if you have:
- An understanding of the commercial software industry, and software asset management, is desired but not necessary.
- Certification in ServiceNow fundamentals and / or understanding of software asset management discovery tools and mechanisms;
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science / Information Technology;
- Experience working in large government organisations.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #243788
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.