Key Duties (not limited to):
- Assist with the management and implementation of the department's IT security strategies.
- Assist with the planned migration of services to the cloud, by managing cyber risk to support the delivery of secure systems and services for the department.
- Assist in managing cyber risk to support the delivery of secure departmental systems and services.
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the IT systems operate in accordance with the Australian Government Security Standards.
- Provide high level business leadership and strategic advice on cyber security to broad range of stakeholders.
- Conduct security and quality assurance reviews of security documentation, project, and external service provider deliverables.
- Utilise statistical data to raise consumer confidence in the security and privacy of Department IT systems.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing security requirements, design and testing documentation, technical specifications and other documentation related to ICT systems.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends, and evaluating identified issues to implement system enhancements.
- Recognising the broader threat environment effectively manage changes to the operating environment by using acquired knowledge to implement action that strengthens the department's cyber security posture whilst adhering to compliance requirements.
- Contribute towards knowledge transfer of skills and mentor staff as appropriate.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstration of comprehensive knowledge of ICT and Cyber Security technologies and best practices by having experience in a similar role within a medium/large size organisation.
- Certification and/or membership to relevant professional organisations including certification in any of the following: CISSP, Security+, CISA, CISM, SABSA, GIAC and SANs.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications obtained from a recognised Australian tertiary institution or equivalent assessed comparable overseas qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technologies, or Cyber Security is highly desirable.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Smilin John on 02 6268 9720 quoting Job Reference: 213753