IT Security Specialist
Our Federal Government client is seeking an IT Security Specialist with a strong understanding of ICT security policy in government and a background in large and complex projects and will be responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of ICT solutions through the identification and replacement of legacy components and the reduction of technical duplication, complexity and inefficiency.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Conducting security architecture reviews for solutions within the scope of the program including the collection of high level security requirements, assessment of current-state security architecture and proposing target-state security architecture
- Development and/or review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions within the scope of the program. Determination as to whether controls (ISM and PSPF) are applicable to the assessment scope, assessment of the level of readiness and effectiveness of applicable controls and documenting comments and evidence for each control
- Development and/or review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls
- Development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards
- Develop and actively manage key internal and external relationships, including collaborating with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation. In addition to representing and explaining architectural views in various forums
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated Experience working as a Security Specialist inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government
- Expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments Security documentation for both current-state and target-state
- Proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Federal Government security policy
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters
- Professional certifications in ICT security is desirable
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess a NV1 Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 203318.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.