IT Security Engineer
About the Role
The IT Security Engineer is a role within Cyber Security Operations, reporting the Cyber Operations Manager. The successful applicant be expected to be contribute to the expert IT security operational management and change implementation requirements of IT, Faculties, Divisions, Affiliate and stakeholders. This role will require the ability to engage, collaborate, and negotiate effectively and to adjust personal style and approach to optimise outcomes.
- Strong firewall skills (PaloAlto, Cisco)
- Web Application Firewalls (F5 - ASM, ModSecurity)
- Switching and Routing (Cisco, Nexus, Cumulus)
- Load Balancing (F5 - LTM, Citrix - Netscaler)
- Proxy(Blue Coat - ProxySG)
- Vulnerability Management (Nessus)
- Security Monitoring (McAfee ESM , SumoLogic, SPLUNK)
- Cloud access security brokers (SkyHigh networks)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- DNS (Infoblox)
- AWS Security, Azure & Office365 Security
- Endpoint Security (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Cylance)
- Assist with Incident responses and BAU security change management.
- Assist with the Installation, configuration and upgrade of hardware, systems and software for in scope security services
- Management of security tunning, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting and continuous improvement to optimise performance of WAF, Firewall and VPN Policy
- Updating operational documentation
- Participate with on call roster.
- Assist with the Security assessment of new applications and systems and major updates
- Assist with the review and modification of local IT Security policies,
- Assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives. Initiates improvements to test processes and directs their implementation
- Collaborate across a range of teams and roles
- Scope, organise and managed IT Security Assessments, Vulnerability scanning and Management of 3rd party Penetration testing engagements.
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field as well as 5+ years' experience in Cyber Security operations.
- Appropriate Cyber Security certification such as CISSP, CISM or SANS GIAC GCIH/GCFA.
- Appropriate security experience with enterprise-scale Office 365, Azure and AWS environments.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools including Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood and a robust approach / solution is developed
- Established communication and stakeholder management skills across a wide range of stakeholders
- Appropriate experience working with Higher Educational environments would be highly desirable.