My client, a major banking and financial services organisation are looking to bring on an IT Risk Manager in a permanent capacity. They are striving to shape the future of banking and are constantly looking for innovative ways to implement technology and minimize risk.
The vision is to be able to effectively evaluate and monitor Risk and Controls to make the best decisions as quickly as possible, balancing risk and reward.
Overall esponsibilities will include ongoing identification, assessment and management of risks and controls, executive reporting (i.e. divisional risk profiles, key risk indicators, board risk memos), facilitating divisional risk committee meetings, management of issue /incident remedial activities and improving risk culture across supported business units.
Day to day tasks will include
- Develop and implement technology risk practices that ensure alignment between teams
- Facilitate escalation and communication with 2nd line, by working with Line 1 Risk Managers in incident investigation, assessment and remediation
- Prepare business unit compliance risk reporting
- Ensure frameworks are aligned with relevant compliance requirements to enable the effective governance of enterprise IT and management of related business risks.
- Recommend and implement enhancements and changes to frameworks, policies, controls and/or standards that enable the effective governance of enterprise IT.
- Drive change activities relating to the governance of enterprise IT to create value for the Group and increase employee engagement.
- Implement governance of enterprise IT practices that enable the appropriate alignment to the Group strategy and required compliance requirements
- Partner with compliance to identify opportunities to continuously improve and simplify the governance of enterprise IT across the Group.
- 2-5 years experience working in a consulting environment or within banking and finance
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Exposure to project management and principles
If you are interested in the role please apply directly via the link below. For a confidential discussion please call 02 8267 4600 quoting reference number 202853