Peoplebank is Asia Pacific's leading IT & digital recruitment company, specialising in the permanent and contract placement of IT professionals since 1990. For over two decades, we have been finding and delivering the best talent in the marketplace to our clients.
Our client is currently seeking an IT Project Officer to work in a Federal client until 30 June 2019.
This exciting but challenging opportunity will enable you to be involved in a large IT project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly reporting on project status, issues, resources and outcome
- Develop, manage and implement project plans and schedules in accordance with the department's project management framework and consider project interdependencies
- Collaborate with staff in immediate work area and with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to project design, governance arrangements and operational integration
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- Coordinate strategic planning for longer term project initiatives
- Lead and manage staff and manage performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- Provide expert advice and feedback to stakeholders and the department's executive
- Experience working in an IT environment
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
Due to our client's requirement, applicants must be an Australian citizen.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity please contact Matt for a confidential chat on 08 81127404 or apply now with your CV in Word Format.