Applicant must be an Australian citizen or Australian PR holder
Duration: 6 months contract
* Manage and lead an IT project team in the completion of projects, which may fit within broader CLIENT business-led projects; ensure delivery of activities within timeframes and quality requirements.
* Translate the CLIENT's IT strategy and identify dependencies to other work and how the project aligns with other business projects and the broader CLIENT priorities and objectives.
* Be accountable for managing allocated resources, working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
* Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships, consult and share information with own team, build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer and maximise team strengths to achieve project and business outcomes.
* Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes.
* Understand and operate within the CLIENT project management methodology, provide expert advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes.
* Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation.
* Understand, analyse and interpret legislation, policies and CLIENT strategies; modify processes and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new project management work practices.
* Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally provided products or services against contract requirements.
* Instil an over-arching end-to-end management of key technical aspects and consider business and stakeholder requirements while maintaining the project scheduling and delivery focus. In so doing adhere to governance and assurance methods that will underpin the project to ensure resilience and deliver value for money.
* Have a proven background in Infrastructure, Environment, and Technological aspects of Information Systems from an upgrade, refresh, and creation aspect and the ability to manage the delivery on the critical nature of these projects along with comprehensive skills to deal with other IT Professionals, Vendors and Providers, and to work together on solutions and outcomes to derive benefit for the organisation.