Peoplebank have been exclusively retained to recruit an IT Manager for a public sector organization based a short 15mins drive north of the Adelaide CBD.
This role will be offered as a 3-year, fixed term salaried contract.
As the IT Manager for this community focused (not-for-profit) organization, you will report to the CFO and manage a small team of 1 that support approx. 60 internal Users, but also has a large external customer base.
Indeed, you will be responsible for the delivery and effective performance of the IT infrastructure and software which is critical to their achievement of effective business outcomes. You will also partner in the future IT and digital capability, direction and planning; having main responsibility for IT budgeting and monitoring.
- Lead, development and implementation of the IT Strategy, business plans, related road maps and projects.
- Effective delivery of project and vendor management to optimise Business Information Systems.
- Delivery of efficient work environments through implementation of appropriate IT infrastructure and software applications.
- Enhance customer experience though the use of digital and other relevant technologies.
- Optimising performance of local / wide area network applications and IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the deployment and technical support services of critical hardware, software applications including Microsoft applications, payroll, asset management, ESS, Financial, CRM/CMS etc.
- Ensure appropriate operational regimes are in place to support effective network applications and associated network information development, and management.
- Ensure a high standard of internal customer service and consultation with the provision of expert IT advice to users.
- Ensure effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans are established for the IT infrastructure and operating systems.
- Manage the deployment and technical services of the intranet.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with external service providers, contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective performance of their touch screens / information kiosks.
- Work in co-operation with third-party providers to maintain their website.
- Ensure their information and IT environment is protected and appropriately secured from inappropriate access and unauthorised use.
- Participate as a lead member of their Security Management Group regarding the security of the physical and intangible assets.
- Developing and managing the IT budget in line with the strategic plan and in conjunction with the CFO.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in a similar role, managing the IT of a small to medium sized organisation, where you used both your technical IT skills, as well as your business acumen and soft skills
- Technical Knowledge required, includes:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications and MS Server applications.
- Sound understanding of web and network-based technologies.
- Knowledge of back-up and anti-virus solutions. Extensive experience with local area networks and associated infrastructure.
- Experience in providing a help desk service for end users.
- Experience in managing and/or maintaining an integrated database system.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server, Windows Small Business Server, and Windows PC operating systems.
- Ability to consult with and provide expert advice to management and staff relating to both a technology and business solutions.
- Experience with project management and control in an IT environment.
- Ability to work independently to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet predetermined deadlines.
- Ability to lead and supervise a small team.
- Possess high customer service skills and adhere to customer service delivery standards.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a caring, public facing organisation that you will proud to work at!
APPLY NOW for our immediate consideration.
SA: LHS 296564