IT Field Support Technician
Duration: Initial 12 months + likely extensions
Location: Tanami, Northern Territory (charters available from Darwin, Alice Springs and Brisbane)
Terms: 12 hour work days; FIFO 8 days on/6 days off
Provides support of EUC services for our client's regional or site IT operations, which may include support of IT infrastructure and network operations, End-user devices and, issue resolution. May support multiple regional or site end-user related projects, project teams and budgets.
- Performs a support role to the IT Services EUC Supervisor in oversight and continuous improvement of service delivery for regional IT operations, including assigned tasks for support of daily IT operations, service planning, service quality and SLA performance, issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Works with Network/Infrastructure teams and Project Management Team to obtain status and ensure the regional voice & data network, server, storage and end-user environments are effectively maintained and supported (this is key for remote mining site locations)
- Provides support and input for all aspects of regional IT facilities and IT EUC Services which may include, support and troubleshooting of Desktop devices, mobile/phone devices, printer devices, Audio/Visual equipment and other related IT devices.
- Interfaces with Infrastructure/Network team and Project Management team to understand support and maintenance standards for all aspects of the client's regionally-owned IT facilities and related IT services to ensure they are supported and maintained to standards as applicable to the region.
- Provides support to ensure that regional IT facilities are maintained, including working with service providers to ensure that the environment is stable and highly available.
- Co-ordinate a preventative maintenance program to minimize the risk of unplanned downtime to on site infrastructure and network.
- Provides appropriate identification, escalation, and communication for regional or site issues they are responsible for in service delivery performance.
- Ensures that all regional or site IT issues for which they are responsible are tracked, actions are taken towards resolution and drives issues to closure.
- Ensures completion and resolution on all IT compliance and general control related activities for those areas they are responsible.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 243155.